The course includes all the 5 Module including offshore qualification:
(Tue) Working at Height
(Wed ) Manual Handling + Fire Awareness
(Thu) First Aid + Sea Survival Inc. eLearning
The aim of this module is to qualify the Participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
The course includes all 5 modules – Working at Height, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness, Sea Survival and First Aid
- The Participants are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG) (L2 – Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at heights (L2 – Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of Global and regional standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc. (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards (L2 – Knowledge & L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently (L3 – Skill & attitude)
GWO WAH Certificate Valid for 2 years
GWO have launched there own unique certificate record data base WINDA. This system allows you and employers to check online using your WINDA ID to verify your current training records.
Registering is quick and easy: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/register/course-participant/
All eLearning must be complete a min the day before the practical.
Full information about the process of eLearning can be found below
Our Finance Package enables customers the option to spread the training costs over several months
Customers are required to give a minimum 10% deposit
Repayment over can be over 3, 6 and 12 months
The application is extremely easy and you can find out in seconds if you are eligible.
For further information please get in touch
Call: 0141 882 9721
Email: [email protected]
*Agreements are subject to a credit check. Selected Course packages only
No formal medical is required however participants should have a good standard of general fitness.
Participants will be asked to complete a medical self declaration at the start of the registration process.
Participants must registered with WINDA – https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/register/course-participant/
Want Enhanced First Aid (EFA)?
When booking 5 Module courses get it for FREE! Normally £360 (Ex.vat) GWO EFA Normally runs every Friday.
Book @ our EFA course using coupon:
Note: Only Friday will be required as part of the bolt-on. OFFER ENDS 30th Nov
GWO Enhanced First Aid (EFA) Blended Learning
*Voucher is open to 5 module individual bookings, not corporate however discounts can be applied if both courses are booked together. The course must be completed no later than 29 after completing the first part of the course (Thu am session) during the 5 Modules * https://globalwindtechnology.com/booking-terms/