This course is delivered via Blended learning which is a mixture of practical onsite training and eLearning.
The course includes all the 5 Module including Offshore qualifications:
(Thu) Manual Handling + Fire Awareness + Sea Survival
(Fri) First Aid and Working at Height
The aim of this module is to qualify the Participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment.
The course includes all 5 modules – Working at Height, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness, Sea Survival, and First Aid
- The Participants are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG) (L2 – Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of current national and regional legislation regarding working at heights (L2 – Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of Global and regional standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc. (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to correctly perform pre-use inspection, service, store and correctly fit relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards (L2 – Knowledge & L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct conduct on ladder (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices (L3 – Skill)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently (L3 – Skill & attitude)