Day: 2 day
Modules: GWO First Aid (FA)
Price: £205 + VAT
Book: Online below via our online booking system
Call Us: 0141 882 9721
Please pick from the below dates and follow the instructions on the booking form.
Further Course Details Below:
The aim of this course is to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) hereunder the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines (L2 – Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body (L1 – Skills & Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment (L3 – Skills & Knowledge)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey “C” -A – B – C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) (L3 – Skills)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of the Secondary Survey (L3 – Skills)
- The Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of Primary and Secondary Survey including the use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario (L3 – Skills)
GWO FA Certificate Valid for 2 years