Day: 1 day
Modules: GWO First Aid Refresher (FAR)
Price: £140 + VAT
Book: Online below via our online booking system
Call Us: 0141 882 9721
Please pick from the below dates and follow the instructions on the booking form
Further Course Details Below:
The aim of this BSTR First Aid Module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from BST First Aid through theoretical and practical training so that Participants can administer safe and effective First Aid, perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in the wind industry / WTG environment.
Refresher courses require an in-date GWO certification in the refreshing module at the time of sitting the course.
- Participants are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of safely and correctly carrying out First Aid in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) e.g. European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines (L2 – Knowledge)
- Participants are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body (L1) -Skills & knowledge)
- Participants are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in emergency situations in a wind turbine work environment (L3 – Skills & knowledge)
- Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary and Secondary Survey (“C”-A-B-C-D-E) (L3 – Skills)
- Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) (L3 – Skills)
- Participants are able to demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenarios (L3 – Skills)
GWO FAR Certificate Valid for 2 years