Day: 1 day (Tue)
Modules: BST GWO Working at Height Refresher (WAHR)
Price: £200 + VAT
Book: Online below via our online booking system
Call Us: 0141 882 9721
Please pick from the below dates and follow the instructions on the booking form.
Further Course Details Below:
The aim of this BSTR Working at Heights Module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training so that Delegates can use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment.
Refresher courses require an in-date GWO certification in the refreshing module at the time of sitting the course.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a WTG. (L2 – Knowledge)
- Delegates are able to demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/ Global Standard markings on harness, hard hats, lanyards and other PPE. (L2 – Knowledge)
- Delegates are able to demonstrate the knowledge of and skills to correctly pre-use inspect, service, store and correct fitting of harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, work positioning lanyards and other PPE. (L3 – Skills)
- Delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. These include correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct. (L3 – Skills)
- Delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices. (L3 – Skills)
- Delegates are able to demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently. (L3 Skills & attitude)
GWO WAHR Certificate Valid for 2 years